Thursday, March 08, 2007

A Recommendation.

A Recommendation.

Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2007 - written by jerry golden

A friend talked me into doing something I hardly ever do, go to a movie. He told me to prepare myself that some of the language was rough but the violence was even much worse. I asked him why would I want to go to a movie with such a recommendation, his answer was, to open my eyes even further to what is happening in this world, that he thought I was blinded to the worlds problems because I was so wrapped up in saving Jews, that I needed to see this one. The contents were true and factual, that it was what is happening in a country. I told him I would think about it, and that night while listening to CNN (I know I don’t like them either) they advertised for an up-coming special about this movie, they called it “Blood on the Stones” but the name of the movie is “Blood Diamonds” so we decided to go.

We have heard stories of what is happening in Ethiopia from the Ethiopian Jews, and what is happening in the Sudan, we know of the horrors of Moslems killing hundreds of thousands of Christians throughout Africa so we didn’t go to this movie as unknowing people, we live in a part of the world where the Moslems capture and cut off the heads of their captives after hours or days of torture, mutilating their bodies and then dragging them through the streets while Moslems pass out candy and celebrate, but this movie was still shocking, very shocking. And if you have the stomach for it I would advise you to go and see it, but please don’t take your young children.

After seeing this movie you will come to some grip with the reality of what is happening in this insane world, but the truth is you can’t really understand it until you have felt this kind of fear and pain in the pit of your stomach. While the powers to be keep your attention on Anna Nicole Smith and an 8 year old over weight boy, or who has the best energy efficient house Gore or Bush. The world is going to hell in hand basket. In the meantime they are looking for another insane story to occupy your mind while feeding you misinformation about Islam being a religion of peace.

God prepares some to simply pray knowing they can’t do anything but pray. He sends others out to save our precious people. He also knows who to choose and how to prepare such a person. But it is time for all of us to sacrifice, be it our time, finances or to even put our lives on the line to save others. It certainly is not a time for apathy or to say to one’s self “I will think about it” and then put it on the back burner. I encourage you to go and see this movie, “Blood Diamonds” knowing that there will be some of the self righteous who will attack me for this recommendation.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, for our son Joel and all the IDF soldiers. Pray for this Ministry and your part in it. Shalom, jerry golden
The Golden Reorthttp://www.thegoldenreport.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home