Friday, June 09, 2006

We got Kerry anyway!

We got Kerry anyway!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: June 9, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Joseph Farah
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com
When it appeared I would not and could not endorse President Bush for re-election in 2004, many of my friends – even my own wife – suggested to me that, if I refused to vote as I had in 2000, I would share some personal responsibility for John Kerry becoming our next commander in chief.

I must say, it was a compelling argument.

I found Kerry to be one of the most detestable human beings ever to walk planet Earth. He was a liar, he was an opportunist extraordinaire, and he was a traitor to his country. Indeed, it was hard to imagine Kerry in the White House.

And it wasn't just Kerry's past misdeeds that concerned me. I recall vividly in one of his debates with President Bush he actually called for providing Iran with uranium in exchange for a promise not to produce nuclear weapons.


This stunning display of naiveté (or was it an indication of something more sinister) may have been the clincher for me.

It was bad enough that Kerry had sold out American troops so many years earlier. It was bad enough that he had maligned the very character of his country so many years ago. It was bad enough that he deceived his way into a position of considerable political power already. My bigger concern was the kind of damage he could wreak on our country in the future as president. It was inconceivable.

And the most dramatic demonstration of his appeasement mentality was this crazy notion, expressed publicly in an open national presidential debate, that in response to Iran's aggressiveness, its threats, its sponsorship of terrorism and its total commitment to building and proliferating weapons of mass destruction for the purpose of defeating the United States of America, that we should simply give the Iranians the nuclear material it needed for a piece of paper stating it would only use it for peaceful purposes.

It was so Chamberlainesque!

This man was truly dangerous.

He was a joke.

So, I reluctantly agreed with my tormentors that Kerry had to be defeated – even if that meant four more years of Bush.

But, I must say, it worried me then that President Bush didn't pick up on this utterly insane suggestion and make hay with it in that debate – or, even later on in the campaign. What was he thinking? What were his advisers thinking?

Now it appears they were thinking Kerry had a good idea all along. Because they have adopted Kerry's unbelievably, incredibly irrational, suicidal proposal as their own – and as out national policy to "defuse" the Iranian crisis.

Students, pay heed. Observing this course of action will qualify you for three credits in Appeasement 101.

How many times do we have to learn the same lesson over again?

Didn't we learn it in Munich?

Didn't we learn it in Yalta?

Didn't we learn it more recently when President Clinton tried to buy off North Korea the exact same way?

It turns out, even though I abandoned my instincts and my principles – expressed in my own recent book, "Taking America Back" – never to support a candidate for any office who does not explicitly understand and support the Constitution of the United States wholly and completely and without reservation, I still got my worst fear. I got Kerry.

It appears President Kerry is running not only border security policy. It appears President Kerry is running not only domestic spending policy. It appears President Kerry is now running the so-called "war on terror" and other foreign policy matters.

I shouldn't have to say this. It should be abundantly obvious to any casual observer of the international scene. But apparently it is not. So let me state this plainly: Iran has no desire to give up its pursuit of nuclear weapons. It is the mission statement, the motivating force behind the mullah government to achieve a kind of parity with "the Great Satan" – us. Iran may take the bait and accept the aid. But it will only be to buy time for itself (like Hitler bought time at Munich) to prepare for war – an unconventional, asymmetric, global, nuclear terrorist war.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joseph Farah is founder, editor and CEO of WND and a nationally syndicated columnist with Creators Syndicate. His latest book is "Taking America Back." He also edits the weekly online intelligence newsletter Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, in which he utilizes his sources developed over 30 years in the news business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home